Internal Complaint Process FAQ
promotion, work assignment, selection for training, disciplinary action, or separation, or
it may relate to existing conditions in an organization.
STAFF, FACULTY, VENDORS, CONTRACTORS, & APPLICANTS
A: All staff, faculty, applicants and vendors should file their complaints with the
A: Students who have a complaint against Georgia State University staff, faculty, vendors, visitors or contractors should file their complaint with the ODDEP Office.
A: Students who have a complaint against another student should file their complaint with the Georgia State University Dean of Students Office.
The ODDEP Office is located on on-campus in the 1 Park Place Building on the 5th Floor in Suite 527. Complainants can call the ODDEP Office at (404) 413-2567 for immediate consultation and assistance. Information about the Georgia State University Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy can also be found on the internet. To access to ODDEP’s Complaint Form, go to: https://gsu-lr.entellitrak.com/etk-gsu-lr-prod/
The Dean of Students Office (DSO) is located in the Georgia State University Student Center on the 3rd floor in Suite 300. For more information about the Dean of Students Office, please call their main office number at (404) 413-2561.
- ODDEP receives notification of the complaint(s) via walk-in, email, referral, or telephone call.
- ODDEP completes an intake form with the Complainant(s). During the intake interview, ODDEP determines the most appropriate office (i.e. Employee Relations, Ombudsperson, Dean of Students, GSU Police, Faculty and Staff Assistance, etc.) to address the allegations. In some cases, more than one office will need to address the Complainant’s allegations simultaneously.
- If appropriate, ODDEP will start a formal review or investigation by requesting the Respondent(s) answer the allegation(s) made by the Complainant(s). ODDEP will also start measures to gather additional documentation from other relevant sources as deemed appropriate.
- ODDEP will determine if further information is needed from either party or if there is a need to interview witnesses.
- ODDEP will analyze the facts gathered and issue a determination.
NOTE: In the above example, the complaint process is described in a generic and simplistic manner.
Additional steps often occur due to the complexities associated with any investigation.