1. Learn how to react to the curve balls or the sudden changes in life in a way that benefit growth and advancement both on and off the job.
2. Learn practical ways and daily practice tools to turn life’s curve balls into opportunities for growth which is key to short and long term success.
3. Teach participants to gain a better understanding of how to manage their emotions, thoughts, and reactions in both their professional and personal lives.
Kimberly Bass is a project coordinator with the Georgia Health Policy Center. Her main role is to provide various levels of support to GHPC team members and to direct and supervise the front desk staff. Kim also assists with proposal development, certain human resource functions, and coordinates meetings, conferences, trainings, travel, and more. Kim has been at Georgia State University since 2006. She has a Bachelor of Arts in History and African-American Studies from Mercer University. She is currently pursuing both her MPA with a concentration in Non-Profit Management from Troy University and Master Life Coach certification from the International Coaching Federation. Kim wears many hats: creator and host of an online wellness women's group, event planner, space organization specialist as well as a motivational speaker and writer. And most recently, Kim has launched a Women’s Development Center that is named in honor of her late paternal and maternal grandmothers. Kim's passion is to help people discover their passion, purpose, and platform in this thing we call life.
Haven will take you approximately 45 minutes to one hour to complete--you do not need to complete the course in one sitting. Haven consists of two parts, Part 1 includes a Pre-survey and course content. Thirty (30) days after you have completed Part 1 you will receive an email notifying you that Part 2 is ready.
All responses are anonymous; Georgia State University will only receive information about the faculty and staff body as a whole and will never see individual faculty and staff answers.
**Select the link below to begin the module:
Instructions for accessing the course:
- Login using your campus id and password
- Register by selecting your age group, status (faculty or staff), agree to the terms of service, select next, and begin the course
To help promote a violence-free campus, the University System of Georgia (USG) Board of Regents has mandated and required that all faculty and staff members “receive specific education and training with regard to reporting responsibilities, requests for confidentiality and other matters related to the prevention of sexual misconduct.” This mandate is in accordance with the approved recommendations from the Campus Safety & Security Committee. The sexual misconduct related training is being offered in person and via Haven for Employees. Haven for Employees is an online learning module that will provide you with the appropriate information on the prevention of sexual misconduct and your role as a “responsible employee.” *Employees are invited to attend an in-person sexual misconduct educational session or complete Haven for Employees so that the University is in compliance with the USG Board of Regents mandate. If you have not attended an in-person session then Haven for Employees is an option for you to receive the information.
TIPS for completing Haven for Employees:
- Use Google Chrome or Firefox web browsers (Updated Versions)
- Make sure to login using your campus id (example: employee1) do not use your GSU email
- **You may stop the training and pick back up at a later time, click on the link above to return to the GSU login page
- You will complete Survey1 and Pre-Course Quiz before you begin the training modules)
- You cannot skip or advance to other areas of the training
- There are interactive elements (accurate responses must be achieved to proceed to the next module)
- When requesting assistance; take screenshots to assist in troubleshooting efforts, send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- *Request the In-Person Sexual Misconduct Training schedule via email: email@example.com